MOVEMENT SPECIALISTS JOB REQUIREMENTS
A Perform for Life Movement Specialist brings his or her mastery, professionalism, and passion for fitness to the P4L team to elevate the industry and foster better health and education in the community.
Kinesiology Degree Requirements
- Proficient in functional anatomy, human physiology, motor control, biomechanics, nutrition, etc.
- Must be able to apply academic knowledge to actual performance.
Knowledge of Multiple Assessment Protocols
- Independently refer to methods used in FMS, SFMA, CHEK, and other pertinent assessment protocols to assess client alignment and movement.
Design Scientific Exercise Programs
- Interpret information collected during assessment and use critical thinking to create client programs.
- Create planned progressions that create specific adaptations based on the client/athlete goals/needs.
- Display flexibility within the program and re-assess as needed.
Masters of Coaching
- Master the art of teaching to a diverse population in both individual and group settings.
Provide Exceptional Customer Service
- Consistently deliver customer service beyond expectations.
- Display integrity and acts in the best interest of both Perform for Life and his/her client.
- Active knowledge of client base and proactively learns each P4L client's name.
Continued Education on Quarterly Basis
- Eager to continue education and learning.
- Attends one external workshop a quarter and presents to the team on the topic learned.
- Submits one educational blog post per quarter.
Provide Exceptional Communication Skills
- Written and Oral communication must be exceptional.
- Interpersonal skills must be exceptional.
- Prompt and timely communication.
Movement Specialist Internship process
For those who desire to be at the forefront of the fitness industry amongst a passionate and educated team of professionals, the Perform for Life Internship Process is designed to be a hands-on experience that prepares motivated individuals for the Movement Specialist position.
- Shadowing/assisting in small group training sessions
- Teaching small group training sessions
- Shadowing 1:1 and partner training sessions
- Assisting during movement assessments
- Mastering the assessments process (e.g. CHEK, FMS, etc.)
- Master P4L systems
- Assist in data analysis
- Participating in team meetings
- Attending weekly Internship Development Meetings
- Attaining personal training certification
Duration of Internship:
3 months, 20-30 hours per week.
- Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology/related subject or currently in final year of study
- Training and athletic background preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills